Wednesday, April 28, 2010

RAW REVIEW PART TWO: THE 2010 WWE DRAFT

Part One went up late last night, click here if you missed it.

Now, onto the Draft:

TO RAW
LIKED: EDGE
DIDN'T LIKE: JOHN MORRISON
Photo - WWE.com

JOHN MORRISON
I only didn't like this move because it meant that Morrison's win (and rope break kick-out of the Gutwrench Powerbomb) over Swagger will likely not amount to anything. Other than that, I'm all for Morrison on RAW.

R-TRUTH
Truth has got some explosive potential and he could really set RAW ablaze and totally blow-up in a big way. I wouldn't be surprised to see R-Truth on fire in the near future, that is, if his combustable interaction with DiBiase doesn't mean Truth is going to get burned in the long run. KABLAMO!

EDGE
This was awesome for three reasons - his potential swerve right back into heel territory, the apparent upcoming Rated-RKO feud, and with Big Show to Smackdown, no Edge/Big Show feud! AND this was even more awesome for like a half hour, when Edge and Christian were on the same show.

CHRIS JERICHO
I was really hoping for some Jericho/Christian stuff to happen, but with Jericho to RAW and Christian to Smackdown!, that isn't in the cards. And I'm pretty sure Jericho's left RAW "forever" eleventy billion times. Anyway, I'm curious to see where Jericho goes from here, with him and Edge being on the same show. His feuds are always ones I really tune in to watch, so I'm excited to see who he has his sights set on next.

TO SMACKDOWN!
LIKED: KOFI KINGSTON
DIDN'T LIKE: BIG SHOW
Photo - WWE.com

KELLY KELLY
I'm very curious to see what happens with Kelly, mainly because she's never really had a main Divas' program ever since she started wrestling, as far as I can remember (feel free to correct me). I think it'll be cool to see how she fits in on Smackdown! potentially being the one to take Mickie James' place.

BIG SHOW
I just really liked ShoMiz. And JeriShow. And everything he did that wasn't his singles run with Vickie Guerrero on Smackdown! last year. C'mon now. Big Show belongs as one half of a heel tag team. Let's just keep doing that. Please? Have him find a guy on Smackdown! Like Ziggler. ShoZig! Or Drew McIntyre! McShow! Please. Anything. Just not goofy Big Show who hugs Teddy Long who then dances for no reason.

KOFI KINGSTON
Kofi was floating around aimlessly even since getting definitively beat by Randy Orton 140,000 times. He needs new life. And going to Smackdown! should help. And I have another idea, that I'll write about instantly after this post.

CHRISTIAN
I love this pick! It's perfect. Except Edge is no longer on Smackdown, so FRIG. I get scared. Like a lot. Like wake up in the middle of the night after mumbling "dork chops... chumpstain... sodas rule..." in my sleep, thinking that the WWE are going to wait and wait and wait until the perfect time to pull the trigger on an Edge/Christian feud or team-up, and something is going to happen where we don't get it. All it takes is one little fuck-up and Edge could get hurt or retire, I swears it. I just want this so badly. These two dudes are my heros. I love that they have the patience to wait so long for this (hi TNA), but I can't wait any longer. Let's see this this year! Somehow.

I don't know about you guys, but part of me likes the uncertainty that follows WrestleMania each year. More specifically, I love the second half of that uncertainty (first half being the build to the first PPV after WM, where not much is done since the Draft is coming up, and the second half being each show starting to figure out where everyone fits in their new rosters).

Hopefully we see some SES/Hart Dynasty tag title stuff, some Christian/Swagger World Title stuff, and some Orton/Edge stuff all coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment