Friday, April 2, 2010

SMACKDOWN! 4/2/10 PREVIEW + AVOIDING SPOILERS AT ALL COSTS

It's impossible. I tried. And I've been spoiled. Hard. Just right in my face.

First, the spoiler-free match listing for tonight. Then, on to a rant about spoilers.

NON-SPOILER PREVIEW FOR SMACKDOWN!
TAG TEAM MATCH
"Ron-John" John Morrison & R-Truth vs. Cryme Tyme
NON-TITLE MATCH (I ASSUME)
Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Matt Hardy
SINGLES MATCH
The Great Khali vs. Dolph Ziggler
DIVAS TAG TEAM MATCH
Tiffany & Beth Phoenix vs. "Simply Flawless"
SINGLES MATCH
CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
PLUS A CRAZY SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!(x infinity)

I'm not going to spoil the spoiler here. But I am just going to say: what the fuck.

I never read Smackdown! spoilers. It makes the show way more fun to watch. And when shit like this happens, it makes me want to never read anything on the internet ever again. I truly feel like it takes away from fun more than it adds to my fun. And I love fun. It's fucking fun.

So when EVERYWHERE is talking about a MAJOR spoiler, I try even harder to not read anything. But even that in itself is a kick in the balls, because once you see how CRAAAAAZY everyone is marking out for this spoiler, your mind starts to wander and try and figure just what few things could warrant this kind of reaction. So instead of tuning in to the show and just enjoying the hell out of it, you already have guesses of what will happen, and you totally expect The Great Khali to unify the World Heavyweight and Divas Titles (SPOILER!: that's not the spoiler).

What's worse is when you go to a blog (like I did two days ago) and it just up front tells you the spoiler on their front page with a big picture and headline. With no spoiler warning. Thanks for that. Not going to your blog ever again.

More often than ever am I considering turning on parental control for wrestling websites and trying to turn myself into a 100% mark again (like when John Mayer gave up Twitter for Lent). It would probably be way more fun. And you know how much I like my fucking fun.

So tune into Smackdown! tonight to see Vince McMahon shoot on Barack Obama and Drew McIntyre drop the Intercontinental belt to Mario Lopez.

Sorry I spoiled it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment