Monday, April 5, 2010

TONIGHT: RAW VS. HALF OF IMPACT WEEK FIVE: LIVE... I THINK?

I forgot if TNA is airing live tonight (couldn't remember if last week was live or taped) so I went to their website to check the preview for tonight's show. At first I couldn't find anything saying it was live, until I realized it was tucked away in the description for the Team 3D/MCMG rematch for tonight.

... shouldn't the word "LIVE" be plastered all over your preview? In the headline at least? Even the first sentence would be good. You guys made a huge deal about going live and now you're not even bothering to promote it anymore.

I guess the most important thing to take home from that preview is that Impact will be airing at 8 this week instead of 9, after getting bludgeoned to death in the ratings last week.

RAW VS. IMPACT (KIND OF)
4/5/10 PREVIEW

RAW (LIVE)
Announced
Guest Host: David Otunga
... that's it I think. After coming off the best RAW since Max Mini dove onto Mini Vader from the stage, I suppose they don't need to advertise too much for this one.

Expected
Triple H tells Sheamus that it started off as business, but since he interrupted his teary-eyed speech about HBK... IT'S PERSONAL
David Otunga asks us to Google him, and I say, do it yourself you lazy a-hole.
John Cena hugs fatties, kisses babies

Won't Happen
Shawn Michaels acting a fool in a wheelchair :(

Please God
Hart Dynasty & Bret vs. ShoMiz feud continues. This is my favourite thing right now.

IMPACT (LIVE - I THINK) AT 8
Announced
Ladder Match: (With the key to the Lockdown cage door hanging) Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson
D'Angelo Dinero vs. Desmond Wolfe
#1 Contenders Match for the Tag Team Titles: Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D
Tara, Angelina Love, ODB & Hamada vs. The Beautiful People & Daffney
Doug Williams hosts an X Division Gauntlet

Expected
I have no expectations

Won't Happen
Generation Me in a match, again. :(

Just some interesting info here: Anderson vs. Angle will be the 27th Ladder Match in TNA History. It'll be the 10th time a Ladder Match has appeared on Impact. It will be the 20th (I think) that ISN'T for a belt. In other words, TNA has been hanging shit above the ring for eight years for guys to grab, and have only put a belt up there like 7 times. Here's a list of crap they've hung up there:

- A wedding ring
- Kurt Angle's gold medal
- About a zillion contracts, briefcases and "FUTURE SHOTS" at belts
- A reindeer suit (Did they hang it up there? I forget)
- TNA World Beer Drinking Championship
- A key for a cage door

All of this, coupled with the whole reverse Ladder Match insanity that is King of the Mountain (pin a guy, guy goes to penalty box, you try and HANG THE BELT ON THE HOOK - then you win! And... take the belt down. DOI.) makes my balls ache for some logic in my wrestling. Here's the remedy for that:

ROH ON HDNET (TAPED)
Match Listing
MAIN EVENT
"That Young Knockout Kid" Chris Hero (with Claudio Castagnoli)
vs.
Jay Briscoe (with Mark Briscoe)
Erick Stevens vs. Pelle Primeau
Steve Corino vs. Bobby Shields
Dark City Fight Club vs. The Set

Anyway, I probably won't be doing my usual channel flipping review tonight, considering there will be barely any crossover with TNA starting at 8:00 and RAW starting at 9:15 for us Canadians.

No comments:

Post a Comment