Saturday, April 24, 2010

ATTN: TYLER BLACK HATERZ


I have never been shy about my hate for Tyler Black haters (I'm a Tyler Black hater hater!), but as of late, the hate has died down a bit (and rightfully so). Tyler has put on some incredible matches as of late, winning and defending his ROH World Title on iPPV.

But if there are any of you still out there, here is what I propose for you:

Go fuck yourself.

Jokes! Seriously though, I suggest you check out his blog/formspring/twitter/official website/etc.

I've always been a Tyler Black fan, but reading his blog definitely gave me a better look at what he's actually like. He says some funny shit, makes fun of himself, and he talks to his fans, which is always cool.

Examples:

From his blog:
-Songs I am liking right now: "Kids in Love" by Mayday Parade, "Soul Sister" by Train, "Live Like You're Dying" by Kris Allen, "Starting Over" by Killswitch Engage, and as much as it pains me to say this because I thoroughly hate her guts "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. I hate myself.

From his blog, re: the new ROH World Title:
The belt is actually gold, which is great because now I can refer to it as such in promos without looking like a dummy.

From his Formspring:

So I was just wondering.. how big is your weiner?

Well actually I have a yorkie. And he's big. A fat boy at about 7 pounds.


And finally, from his Twitter, in response to Jimmy Jacobs posting this picture:



Oh man I miss that hat! And those days...I was probably 17 years old. Shoulda been out chasing


I just think that the people who trash him need to stop thinking about Gabe's Book of Secrets (I've never seen it) and what was "s'poseda happen!!!!1" (to be squealed aloud in nerd rage), and just start watching his matches as the exciting as hell wrestler and seemingly legitimately cool guy he is.

I really hope as his young career progresses (remember, he's only 23 - two months older than me) that his personality starts blending with his wrestling persona more, and we get a more natural Tyler Black in promos and stuff.

In other Tyler Black news, he'll be defending his ROH World Title tonight in Chicago against Chris Hero in the main event of a completely stacked card. Check it:

MAIN EVENT #1 - ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH
Champion Tyler Black
VS.
Challenger, ROH World Tag Team Champion "That Young Knockout Kid" Chris Hero
MAIN EVENT #2 - COME-AS-YOU-ARE STREET FIGHT
Colt Cabana & El Generico
VS.
Steve Corino & Kevin Steen
PICK 6 CHALLENGE MATCH
(1) Roderick Strong VS. (4) Davey Richards
TAG TEAM CHALLENGE
The Briscoe Brothers VS. Austin Aries & Kenny King
SPECIAL ATTRACTION
ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards VS. The Metal Master
FINAL COUNTDOWN TOUR: CHICAGO REMATCH
Petey Williams VS. "Addicted To Love" Rhett Titus
TAG TEAM ACTION
The House of Truth VS. Erick Stevens & Shawn Daivari
PLUS
"Skullkrusher" Rasche Brown, The Dark City Fight Club & "New Horror" Sami Callihan

1 comment:

  1. I don't get any of the Tyler Black hate either. I've had some correspondence with him and I've learned that he's one of us, a fan. An extremely gifted fan, but stil a fan. And you're right, the more comfortable he is with letting his personality show (and that can be tough when you're required to hit on so many talking points in a promo) the more the Tyler hate will die down. One things that bugs me about wrestling is the need for every wrestler to have things turned up to eleven like Ric Flair. Not everyone can be Ric Flair (as entertaining as he is), nor should they be. Look at Jake Roberts. Not a screaming, ranting promo to be found. Or Dutch Mantell with his matter-of-fact promo style. Tyler, if he and ROH allows it, could have a natural, fan-as-champion style that would be very endearing (and would help bring in more females fans, bank on that). I hope that happens, because in every other aspect he's got the goods. I'm still blown away from his match with Strong and Austin from Big Bang.

    ReplyDelete