Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WHAT I MISSED WHILE I WAS BARFING

Oh gad. I just spent the last day puking my guts out. I think I ate me a rotten jalapeno popper. Not a good time.

So, to catch up, here's what I missed while I had my head buried in the toilet:

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
WISHED I WAS BARFING

I actually got to see RAW before the barfing got underway. It, aside from Cena's promo, was borrrrring. But that doesn't matter since I (and a ton of other people) will be ordering the Rumble anyway.

ROH TV TITLE TOURNAMENT
BRACKETS FILLED IN

No Roddy or Tyler makes sense to me, and had Kenny Omega not been in Japan, maybe he could've fit in. Either way, this tournament should be exciting to watch. I can't see it being a Steen/Generico final, makes sense for them to save their match for a little longer down the road (plus they don't really need the title for their feud). I could easily see Kenny King or even Eddie Edwards winning - but I'm not sure.

SANTINO MARELLA
SITCOM STAR?!

YES PLEASE

AND FINALLY
2009 WRESTLING OBSERVER NEWSLETTER AWARDS

With Chris Jericho taking Wrestler of the Year for the second year in a row! And Bryan Danielson continuing his streak of unstoppable glory! And look at my crudely thrown-together graphic up there!

CLASS A AWARDS
Wrestler of the Year: Chris Jericho
MMA Most Valuable Fighter: Brock Lesnar
Most Outstanding Wrestler: Bryan Danielson
Most Outstanding Fighter: Georges St. Pierre
Best Box Office Draw: Brock Lesnar
Feud of the Year: CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy
Tag Team of the Year: The American Wolves
Most Improved: The Miz
Best on Interviews: Chris Jericho
Most Charismatic: John Cena
Best Technical Wrestler: Bryan Danielson
Best Brawler: Necro Butcher
Best Flying Wrestler: Kota Ibushi
Most Overrated: Triple H
Most Underrated: Evan Bourne
Promotion of the Year: UFC
Best Weekly TV Show: Smackdown
Match of the Year: Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
MMA Fight of the Year: Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida
Rookie of the Year: Frightmare
Best Non-Wrestler: Vickie Guerrero
Best Announcer: Jim Ross
Worst Announcer: Michael Cole
Best Major Wrestling Show: DGUSA: Open the Historical Gate

CLASS B AWARDS
Worst Major Wrestling Show: TNA Victory road
Best Wrestling Maneuver: More Bang for Your Buck (The Young Bucks)
Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic: Piggy James angle
Worst TV Show: Impact
Worst Match of the Year: Sharmell vs. Jenna Morasca
Worst Feud of the Year: Chavo Guerrero vs. Hornswoggle
Worst Promotion of the Year: TNA
Best Booker: Joe Silva
Promoter of the Year: Dana White
Best Gimmick: CM Punk
Worst Gimmick: Hornswoggle
Best Pro Wrestling Book: Midnight Express 25th Anniversary Scrapbook by Jim Cornette
Best Pro Wrestling DVD: Macho Madness

No comments:

Post a Comment