Tuesday, January 19, 2010

RAW: FROM THE CORNER OF MY EYE ON MUTE - 01/18/10

Somehow I'm not shocked that it looks just as bad this way too!

So this review won't be completely fair since I was watching it like a bit of a mongoloid.

... or maybe that makes it more valid.

EITHER WAY HERE WE GOOOO

LIKED
- Taker/HBK promo to kick off the show. Felt like the best thing to happen on the show. I was surprised by 'Taker's answer, but I think it fits the story in two ways - 1) The rematch not happening (I'm sticking to this), and 2) The Triple H/HBK split being teased at the end.
- Vince cutting down Bret once again. I can't help but love Vince when he's on.
- John Heder playing the heel to a tee. To a.. T. To a... whatever the expression is. HE DID A GOOD JOB.
- The Kofi/Cena vs. Legacy tag match looked good from the corner of my eye. Crowd seemed like they were going bonkers.
- The show-closing promo was pretty good, but again, I was half watching.

DID NOT LIKE
- Pretty sure if you told me ten years ago that DX would come to the ring accompanied by, in all seriousness, a leprechaun and Nash Bridges, I'd slap you across the mouth and tell you to never speak ill of the DX I love again.
- Evan Bourne being another footnote on the show. It's great for Sheamus to look tough and all, but... I dunno. The match was such an afterthought for Randy Orton to sleepwalk to the ring and stare at our ginger champ.
- The finish to the main event was pretty awesome. The more wins Hornswoggle can rack up under his belt, the better he'll look as a contender.
- The old "you're not fighting me - you're fighting (gasp) MARK HENRY!" trick that seems to happen once a week.
- Continuing that thought - Jack Swagger playing the Santino role (losing every week so we can laugh lollz!!) when Santino should probably be playing that role. (Sorry Santino I love you).
- Michael Cole

Best thing I saw all show was Impact spoilers. And for all the wrong reasons.

Wrestling sports entertainment ACTION ENTERTAINMENT IS SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

2 comments:

  1. Yup. Raw was a catastrophe last night. I felt embarassed that company caught me watching it. Watching people who don't watch Raw try to make sense of it is hilarious and self esteem killing. guh... hi mitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried myself awake this morning it was so bad.

    hey buddy.

    ReplyDelete