Sunday, January 17, 2010

TNA GENESIS TONIGHT - THE DEBUT OF A NEW INNOVATIVE RING!

WITH FOUR SIDES.

First thing I thought of when I read this was a quote from one of Lance Storm's Q & A's:

Q: Why would you change TNA's rings from 6 sides to 4? I mean if guys can work just fine in 6 sides why fix what's not broke?

A: Because it’s a pointless gimmick. It adds nothing to the product and I know several people who think it’s stupid and can’t watch the program because of it. So often the announce team wastes valuable time pointing out that their ring has 2 extra sides rather than promoting the feuds and personalities that are supposed to draw the money. How many times do we hear, “Six sides of Steel”, or, “Let go down to the 6 sided ring”, hell I remember Mike Tenay one time trying to hype the ring where he went on and on about how many more points of impact the 6 sided ring has. That is SO DUMB. You can only run a dudes head into one turnbuckle at a time, having 2 extra ones, does not make the match more dangerous. I’d like to throw your own logic back at you. The 4 sided rings that have been used for decades in this business weren’t broke, why did TNA try to fix it.

So now we're back to where we started. I think it's going to look, oh I don't know, NORMAL. Which is awesome. Because it'll be less like American Gladiators, even though Hulk Hogan will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment