Thursday, January 28, 2010

MATCHES, STARS 2009: FEATURING DAVEY RICHARDS

Okay, this 2009 recap is just spiralling out of control (and into February), so I think it's about time to wrap things up.

I was hoping to hold off on mentioning matches until I finished watching the Final Countdown tour, but that's not going to happen for a few days, and I want to put a stamp on this thing by the weekend.

So that brings me to this alternate-style of recapping the matches of 2009...

2009 IN MATCHES
AKA A YEAR OF DAVEY RICHARDS

Nobody else put on as many great matches this past year as Davey Richards. In fact, let's see what that looks like (Davey vs. everybody else):

MOTY'S WITH DAVEY RICHARDS
Davey Richards vs. KENTA (ROH: Supercard of Honor IV)
Davey Richards vs. Shingo (DGUSA: Open The Untouchable Gate)
Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen (ROH: Never Say Die)
Davey Richards vs. Austin Aries (ROH: Aries vs. Richards)
American Wolves vs. Tyler Black and Bryan Danielson (ROH: World Tag Title Classic)
American Wolves vs. Roderick Strong & KENTA (ROH: Violent Tendencies)
American Wolves vs. Young Bucks (ROH: ROH On HDNet)
American Wolves vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico (ROH: Glory By Honor VIII) (Okay, still haven't seen it, but if it doesn't end up in this list after I see it, I assume it was because my eyes fell out of my head or something)

MOTY'S WITHOUT DAVEY RICHARDS
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker (WWE: WrestleMania XXV)
Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio (WWE: The Bash)
Chris Hero vs. Eddie Kingston (ROH: Final Battle 2009)
Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black (ROH: ROH On HDNet)
Nigel McGuinness vs. KENTA (ROH: 7th Anniversary Show)
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy (WWE: SummerSlam)
Austin Aries vs. Tyler Black vs. Jerry Lynn (ROH: Manhattan Mayhem III)

I'm obviously missing tons of stuff here (TNA, PWG, CHIKARA, NOAH, etc.), but I can only go by what I've seen this year, and I really don't see much of the above, although I will be getting around to it this year (minus TNAlol).

And I'm even probably missing some stuff that I have seen and just plum forgot about, but I'm just rifling these off of the top of my head and taking it a little more casually.

And maybe I'm being a little (a lot) biased because of the title of this post. So while this post seems to be all high and mighty on Davey, despite me not seeing every wrestling match to happen in 2009, I'm sticking by my word!

ENOUGH EXCUSES!

The point is Davey was in a shocking amount of stellar matches this year. And he is well on his way to becoming a world champion outside of FIP.

Photo courtesy of Scott Finkelstein's Get Lost Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment