NUMBER ONE THIS WEEK
Photo - WWE.com
NOT RANKED THIS WEEK
Credit goes to caw is jericho of the Other Feds board on GameFAQs for finding this weirdo
WRESTLESPECTIVE POWER POLL: 08/04/10
1. Randy Orton (2)
2. Kane (4)
3. Sheamus (3)
4. John Cena (7)
5. The Miz (1)
6. Chris Jericho (8)
7. Rey Mysterio (5)
8. Rob Van Dam (6)
9. Wade Barrett (10)
10. CM Punk (NR)
PIZZABODYSLAM POWER POLL VOTES: 08/04/10
1. Randy Orton
- IN KAYFABE: Def. United States Champion The Miz; kept Sheamus at bay with that sexual-in-a-rapey-way Viper-coiling mat-pounding shoulder-separating taunt.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: No one is hotter than Orton right now. Did you see how the crowd responded to that RKO? I think they broke a world record for most people in mid-air at one time. They were freaking out!
2. John Cena
- IN KAYFABE: Beat Chris Jericho so bad he quit when he wasn't even in a move; beat Chris Jericho so bad he quit Team Cena (ahem, I mean "Edge Presents TEAM JERICHO Featuring Cena plus special guest Bret Hart"); beat Chris Jericho so bad he rekindled his tag team bromance with Edge.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had a great match with Jericho that was very close to telling a really clever story; used his serious voice more than his yelly voice; vowed to help his younger brother become an amateur wrestler with the help of Danny Glover.
3. CM Punk
- IN KAYFABE: Had his Society drinkin' that kool-aid (virgin kool-aid) and motivated them to take out that fat drooly thorn in their side, the Big Show.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Cut the promo of the week on Smackdown!; made those stomps on Big Show's swollen hand look LEGIT (although Matt Striker tried to pass off Show's swollen knuckles as the damage done by the SES, but we all know that his big old catcher's mitt always looks that way); smelled Serena's breath.
4. Chris Jericho
- IN KAYFABE: Stirred the pot on Team Cena and got one step closer to proving to us hypocrites that John Cena isn't the superhero he claims to be.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had the match of the night on RAW; had the expression of the night on RAW when the GM email alert noise went off when he was BACKSTAGE; told John Cena he was a stupid man.
5. Kofi Kingston
- IN KAYFABE: Got himself DQ'd for no reason (appeal it Kofi! You can still get that W! If anyone cared!), but he did beat the holy hell out of Dolph Ziggler in the process.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Showed a mean streak, which is exactly to keep himself on the radar (although I still think a heel turn would be the most interesting move). He also got disqualified for being violent, which is ridiculous! He should've been FIRED!
6. The Miz
- IN KAYFABE: Stood toe-to-toe with the former 6-time World Champion, current number one contender to the WWE Championship and the hottest babyface in wrestling right now, Randy Orton.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Cut yet another awesome promo on RAW; continues to show nothing but solid improvement in the ring, week in week out; will be soon creating a truly nerve-wracking moment when he finally does cash in that MITB briefcase, because he is the first guy (not counting Swagger) who is on the bubble and could definitely be the first to fail... though I sure hope he won't be.
- IN KAYFABE: Scored a vengeful win over Drew McIntyre on Smackdown!
- OUT OF KAYFABE: That match with McIntyre was fun as heck; he is this close to either a full-blown, entertaining as hell feud with Matt Hardy, or a well-deserved, long overdue main event push.
8. Rey Mysterio
- IN KAYFABE: Took everything Jack Swagger had to throw at him in the No DQ match on SD!; allegedly beat the shit out of the Undertaker so hard that he almost died - even though he's the Deadman... but how do you kill that which has no life?
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Got smashed into a steel barricade via an All-American (American American) powerbomb; jumped backwards into the water like a pro.
9. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes
- IN KAYFABE: NO REASON
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Was FUCKING HILARIOUS AGAIN.
- IN KAYFABE: Def. Goldust; reminded us that he ended Triple H's career; reminded us that a year ago he could barely beat Goldust.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: That squash was in slow-motion, and his promo, aside from bringing Trips into it, was kinda like promo-by-numbers to me. But I'm one of the few who isn't sold on his mic work, so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that I'm a nerd on the internet, blogging about wrestling and using the words "mic work" like I actually know what I'm talking about.