Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CODY RHODES KILLS IT AT THE END OF NXT (08/17/10)

Excuse me... "Dashing" Cody Rhodes.

Now if you're in Canada (like me) and don't want NXT, which airs on Thursday, to be spoiled for you (unlike me), then don't read past this picture of Cody Rhodes:

YOU TOO
CAN BE DASHING

After Husky Harris was eliminated (along with Percy Watson earlier in the night), Cody Rhodes went absolutely postal on the mic. This entire segment has a sense of "I don't know if they know what's going on" and I like it. Cody is proving over and over why he's the breakout star of NXT Legacy, and that he totally deserves his big push on Smackdown (squeaky clean victories over Christian and Matt Hardy in consecutive weeks).

His facial expressions in the ring are so good. Last week on SD! when Cody was avoiding shots to the face all match from Christian, until he was finally stung with a slap - he looked like he wretched into his own mouth. But then when he won, it was a look of relief and conceit and pride all wrapped up into one dashing smile. Take a look for yourself (and watch all the way to the pinfall).

And, as for the video from NXT, you can check it out here at CodyRhodes.net.

Before I go, I want to mention how much I think this class of rookies is better than the first NXT group. Wade Barrett and Bryan Danielson were truly the only standouts on that show. But I see more in Alex Riley, Kaval (no duh), Michael McGuillicutty (ugh, that name), Husky Harris and even Percy Watson than I do in Otunga, Tarver, Young, Slater, Sheffield and Gabriel.

Eli Cottonwood, however, makes me wretch into my own mouth.

2 comments: