NUMBER ONE THIS WEEK
WRESTLING'S SUPERMAN JOHN CENA
Photo - WWE.com
NOT RANKED THIS WEEK
WRESTLING'S SUPERBOY LEX LUGER
WRESTLESPECTIVE POWER POLL: 08/18/10
1. John Cena (2)
2. Kane (6)
3. Randy Orton (5)
4. The Miz (1)
5. Daniel Bryan (NR)
6. Sheamus (4)
7. Alex Shelley (NR)
8. Chris Sabin (NR)
9. Wade Barrett (NR)
10. Rob Van Dam (3)
PIZZABODYSLAM POWER POLL VOTES: 08/11/10
1. Daniel Bryan
- IN KAYFABE: Returned at SummerSlam as the 7th member of Team WWE; eliminated Darren Young and Heath Slater via TAPOUT; was eliminated second to last, thanks to the Miz; lost to the guy with Big Show's KO gimmick despite never having knocked anyone out, Michael Tarver (also thanks to the Miz).
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Got the world's biggest rub by being the surprise member of Team WWE, fighting alongside John Cena and leading the team to victory; put me in cardiac arrest when he showed up at SummerSlam; was in the segment of the night on RAW when he had his head bounced off of Miz's MITB briefcase, denting the GD thing.
2. The Miz
- IN KAYFABE: Was replaced by Daniel Bryan in the SummerSlam main event; cost Daniel Bryan a victory on RAW, and had a hand in eliminating him from Team WWE.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Cut an untouchable promo at Summerslam; made me legitimately hate him for costing Daniel Bryan a win over Michael Tarver; and once again had the promo of the night on RAW (is he ever NOT the promo of the night?) when he and Alex Riley dealt some real talk on Daniel Bryan; looked truly betrayed and upset at both SummerSlam and RAW, which is hard to pull off; phew!
3. John Cena
- IN KAYFABE: Lead Team WWE to victory at SummerSlam; eliminated both Justin Gabriel and Nexus leader Wade Barrett when down two men to one; def. Darren Young on RAW to effectively exile him from Nexus; never gives up.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: He's purple now. ... I guess that's still in kayfabe too.
4. Randy Orton
- IN KAYFABE: Lost to Sheamus at SummerSlam via DQ, despite having the victory in reach; lost to Justin Gabriel on RAW via countout, thanks to Sheamus; still had the last laugh on both nights with his brutal attacks on Sheamus.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Looked fucking INSANE in his murderous beatdown of the Celtic Warrior; has the crowd in the palm of his hand night in, night out; terrified Michael Cole, he probably peed a little.
5. Dolph Ziggler
6. Kofi Kingston
- IN KAYFABE: (Grouping these two together) Both had good showings on Smackdown in losing efforts to both members of the World Heavyweight Title match at SummerSlam; had a great opening bout at SS until being thwarted by the seven dudes who always stand in a line making them look like a human slot machine.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: In retrospect, I wish I voted for the Motor City Machine Guns. I totally forgot I watched the Whole F'N Show this week, and their match against Beer Money pulled out every stop in the book without one misstep. While Dolph and Kofi have been putting on some great matches, they really cant touch the Guns. DAMNIT. (Although, me instantly forgetting that I watched TNA should be some kind of detriment to the show, I guess?)
7. Wade Barrett
- IN KAYFABE: Lasted the longest of anybody in the Nexus until being tapped by Legendary's John Cena; def. Chris Jericho in fine form on RAW; beat Darren Young into obliteratitry (rejoice!).
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Beating Jericho clean was exactly what he needed to continue to be believed as a strong heel; he also beat up Darren Young (rejoice!) which earns bonus points with me every day of the week.
8. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes
- IN KAYFABE: Continued his winning streak on Smackdown with a clean win over Christian.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Displayed the best facial expressions in pro wrestling, which I talk about here. (And I talk about how awesome he was on NXT this week, but that's for the next edition of the Power Poll).
9. Matt Hardy
- IN KAYFABE: Lost to Drew McIntyre. Again.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: HE HAD A BLOODY SOCK. Seriously, that was my favourite spot of the night. And he's saying some cryptic shit to Hurricane Helms on Twitter right now.
- IN KAYFABE: Def. Kofi Kingston on Smackdown; def. Rey Mysterio to retain his World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam; def. Undertaker in a choking contest.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Continued touching caskets and speaking out loud to nobody.
You can watch the non-dubbed version of the Lex Luger Superboy video here. I just found the dubbed version hilarious.