Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WWF WINGED EAGLE TITLE BELT SIGNATURE QUEST OF GLORY AND GEEKDOM: PROGRESS REPORT #1!

Remember my WWETBSQOGAG?! No? Read this!

There has been progress! Uh... well, kind of. Not really. But something worth reporting.

My last tally had me only at two signatures (Bret Hart and Ric Flair), with a potential Hogan signing on the horizon. Unfortunately, the Hogan signing didn't work out - but I did get a consolation prize (that was as good as the initial idea).

My girlfriend managed to score me a signed, personalized copy of Hogan's book for Christmas. So, maybe I can rip that page out and paste it on my belt!

Er... prolly not. But it's still sweet.

And, in similar news, this past weekend my buddy (hi steve) got Jim Cornette to sign a copy of his Midnight Express Scrapbook at the ROH 8th Anniversary Show. I'll look into getting pictures of those signatures up (including the belt), because I do have the technology (a camera).

So while my quest for glory and geekdom is at a standstill for my WWF Title Belt, it's quietly growing in book form.

I'm still crossing my fingers for more random encounters with former WWF Champions, so stay tuned. Here is where I stand (green = signed, red = deceased, black = current status):

BRET "HITMAN" HART
SIGNED

"NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR
SIGNED

HULK HOGAN
BOOK - SIGNED, TITLE - NOT SO SIGNED

ANDRE THE GIANT
DECEASED

"MACHO MAN" RANDY SAVAGE
CURRENTLY WORKING IN FILM/VOICE ACTING

ULTIMATE WARRIOR
STILL COMPLETELY INSANE

SGT. SLAUGHTER
RETIRED/WWE AMBASSADOR

UNDERTAKER
CURRENT WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

YOKOZUNA
DECEASED

BOB BACKLUND
RETIRED

DIESEL
PLAYING IN SOME BAND OR SOMETHING

"HEARTBREAK KID" SHAWN MICHAELS
HIS CAREER... IS OVER

SYCHO SID
WTF @ THIS

"STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN
HOSTING RAW ON MARCH 15TH

No comments:

Post a Comment