Friday, December 4, 2009

WWF TITLE BELT SIGNATURE QUEST OF GLORY (AND GEEKDOM. MOSTLY GEEKDOM.)

When ROH announced that they'd be coming to Toronto for Death Before Hishonor VII's two-night weekend, I was all kinds of excited. But when they announced that Bret Hart and Ric Flair would be attending, I pretty much ruined my jeans and computer chair.

I'd always wanted to buy a replica belt, and now I had the perfect excuse. Getting the WWF Championship (Winged Eagle design) signed by not only two of the greatest of all-time, but two men who actually wrestled for and exchanged that very belt, would be so cool. So I bought it, they signed it, and I went home happy as Michael Cole calling a Batista Bomb.

But now the plot thickens. Hulk Hogan will be making an appearance in Toronto soon to promote his new book, and I could very well ask him to sign the belt as well. Thus making it signatures from Flair, who then dropped the belt to Bret, who then dropped the belt to Hogan (er... well Yokozuna then Hogan... but it was in the same night, so wah).

So with Bret, Flair and Hogan already on the belt... why stop there? Why not see if I can get the signature of every still living man who held that very design of the WWF Title?

I don't expect to really do it. I'm sure someone else already has. But fate has knocked on my door -- I already had tickets to the ROH shows before Bret Hart and Ric Flair were announced as appearing. I found out about the Hulk Hogan signing because my girlfriend works for the company hosting it. I didn't seek out these opportunities - they found me.

See? Fate. I can't wait until Diesel starts dating my aunt or something.

- mitts

No comments:

Post a Comment