Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WHOA: BRET HART SIGNS SHORT-TERM WWE CONTRACT (RUMOUR?)

SNAP.

BRET "HITMAN" HART

I don't know what to think but I know I'm excited and feeling a little weird and maybe nervous and I don't know what else.

On the one hand, I'd be so excited to see Bret work with the Hart Dynasty and help elevate them in any way. On the other hand, I fear for him being brought back for one match. I like the memory of Bret as it is, and his style doesn't exactly suit a Hulk Hogan-esque comeback for a boot and a legdrop.

The article from the Observer speculates that Bret could be in a GM-type role, maybe even for Smackdown! and I'd be totally up for that. When I met Bret in Toronto for Death Before Dishonor weekend, he seemed about his wits (don't know why I feel the need to mention that), and would do a great job in an authority role.

Apparently the deal he signed goes into effect one the first day of 2010, so time will tell if this is true, and what exactly he's going to be doing. Like the article says, should be pretty obvious that he'd debut or host the Jan. 4th edition of RAW, which will go head to head with TNA's Live Monday iMPACT for the first time ever.

2010 could be an exciting year for Wrestling if Bret Hart is somehow involved in a WrestleMania program. I've been predicting ever since the start of the JeriShow/DX feud that DX would do something with The Hart Dynasty and the Tag Straps... and after reading Smackdown! spoilers, I can't be that far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment