Monday, December 21, 2009

FML 2009: JOHN CENA DROPS BLADE

WWE BREAKING POINT
JOHN CENA VS. RANDY ORTON - I QUIT MATCH

Okay, not that blade. But there is like NO photo evidence of this damned blade drop. I know I saw it! You saw it... right? RIGHT?!

Well, anyway... the point is John Cena brought a razor blade to the ring, and it wasn't for a shave. It was for BLOOD.

This can mean a couple things.

1. They (uh, WWE) planned to have blood in this match.

2. John Cena (and Orton) planned to secretly blade.

3. It was just extra free Gillette blades. I'm sure he's got jean shorts just FULL of 'em.

I'm leaning towards two.

Although Cena does have quite the reputation for being a company man, he also loves wrestling. And if you love wrestling, you love your favourite wrestler covered in blood.

If this is true, it would mean that John Cena is awesome. Bret Hart bladed in a match when it was against company policy because he knew what was right. Blood makes emotional, hard fought matches have that much more credibility and drama.

Blood would have made this match make way more fucking sense. I think everyone knows that. It's an I Quit Match. Randy Orton TORTURED (Michael Cole's words, not mine) Cena.

TORTURED. AND DID NOT BLEED.

This match's potential flew out the window the second I saw that blade come spiralling out of Cena's John Deere wristband. When Mike Chioda pocketed the razor it was like he was my mom putting Donkey Kong Country on top of the fridge so I couldn't play it. Just robbing us of our FUN.

Hold up. Found a clip. But it's doing something experimental with a half-green squished type thing going on.

Either way, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment