NUMBER ONE THIS WEEK
NOT RANKED THIS WEEK
WRESTLESPECTIVE POWER POLL: 07/28/10
1. The Miz (3)
2. Randy Orton (4)
3. Sheamus (2)
4. Kane (1)
5. Rey Mysterio (8)
6. Rob Van Dam (5)
7. John Cena (6)
8. Chris Jericho (10)
9. Big Show (NR)
10. Wade Barrett (7)
And, to compare, here's who I voted for and why (in kayfabe and out):
PIZZABODYSLAM POWER POLL VOTES: 07/28/10
1. Randy Orton
- IN KAYFABE: Def. Jey Uso; debuted the first-ever bitchslap-to-RKO Tekken combo on the Miz; oh yeah, he also RKO'd the WWE Champion, NBD.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Remains the most undisputedly over face on either show; said STUPID STUPID STUPID again (is there a Facebook page for that yet?!)
2. The Miz
- IN KAYFABE: Pinned Earth-12's Superman, John Cena; attempted a second MITB cash-in; got posterized with Orton's bitchslap-to-RKO combo.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: He's the best heel promo on RAW and elicits a reaction out of everyone in the arena, be it an irritated boo or a smarky "YAARRRGH!!!"
3. Rey Mysterio
- IN KAYFABE: Scored two falls over Jack Swagger to earn a shot at Kane's World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam; outsmarted Kane after the match (although outsmarting Kane is kind of like if you mislead a slow child for fun, just to laugh at him).
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had yet another great match with Swagger; sells the Swagger ankle lock like he's caught in a rusty bear trap.
4. Wade Barrett
- IN KAYFABE: Lead his team of "renegades" to 7 straight pinfalls over RAW Superstars in a 7-on-7 match.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Spoke in his brown-note baritone (which will make you crap yourself if you have your subs turned on).
5. Big Show
- IN KAYFABE: Unmasked Joey Mercury only one week after unmasking CM Punk (next week he'll have to start unmasking Rey Mysterio fans to keep the streak going); he also squashed that freshly shaven Joey Mercury.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: I can't really say anything about Big Show I'm excited about out of kayfabe. He's all smiley and pointy. He's okay. Just... well, as long as he's in multiman matches where he can come in and have people bump like flies around him, then cool. But if he just owns the SES week-in week-out for no reason, then count me out.
- IN KAYFABE: Outsmarted Great Khali (although outsmarting Khali is kind of like if you played a prank on a foreign boy, just to laugh at him); speared Khali, causing John Cena to shit his jorts.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Made fun of Khali essentially out of kayfabe, saying that everyone is scared of how big and strong he is, but he's clumsy and awkward and never wins. Well said, friend. Well said.
7. Dolph Ziggler
- IN KAYFABE: Def. Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Did it in spite of getting SCREWED; still getting that Vickie Guerrero heel rub (ewww) that garners heat so well (Edge, Eric Escobar (er...)).
8. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes
- IN KAYFABE: Teamed with Drew McIntyre in a winning effort over Christian and Matt Hardy.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Is my favourite promo in the company right now (please forgive me, Punk!) and has theme music that would make Jon Bon Jovi weep with envy; seriously, this is the best gimmick change since Batista put himself in Kanye West's clothes (no-homo).
- IN KAYFABE: Is the WWE Champion; teamed with the Miz to def. Jericho and Cena; narrowly avoided being the 8th champion to lose his title to a suitcase-brandishing Superstar.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: I've been liking the interaction between him and the Miz, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop... I'm really middle of the road with him. It's a shameful thing, I know.
10. Evan Bourne
- IN KAYFABE: Was the last member of the RAW team to fall to the Nexus in 7-on-7 competition.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: No one is as exciting to watch as him in a WWE ring today; and unlike Brandon Stroud, I LIKE how he sells so NYAH!
WRESTLESPECTIVE INFO TO KNOW:
WrestleSpective - The Blog
WrestleSpective Radio - The Podcast (now on iTunes!)
WrestleSpective Power Poll Voters - The Twitter Feeds