NUMBER ONE THIS WEEK
Photo - WWE.com
NOT RANKED THIS WEEK
In wrestling, getting down on one knee either means you're being welcomed into Nexus, or you've been iced.
FUTURE ENDEAVORS POWER POLL: 01/20/11
1. CM Punk
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Wade Barrett
4. The Miz
5. John Morrison
7. Daniel Bryan
8. Alberto Del Rio
9. Kofi Kingston
10. Mason Ryan
PIZZABODYSLAM POWER POLL VOTES: 01/20/11
1. CM Punk
- IN KAYFABE: def. John Cena via evil-genius-DQ, acquired a new member of Nexus in Mason Ryan (popular nicknames include "Fauxtista" and "Batistwo.")
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had a great match with Cena to close RAW; remained a charisma overlord with his post-match knighting of Mason Ryan. His "kick me" pose was amazing, and will likely be used in every Punk/Cena video package from here 'til 'Mania.
2. Dolph Ziggler
- IN KAYFABE: Beat up Edge on SmackDown; lost to Randy Orton on RAW; watched his rookie Byron Saxton lose on NXT.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: He's a future World Champion. Maybe not at the Rumble (almost definitely not), but some time soon. This year? Maybe. History shows that since 1998, at least one guy per year wins their first-ever (WWE) World Championship - could Ziggler be the one to do it in 2011? A lot of guys could fill that role - Del Rio, Christian, Daniel Bryan (a boy can dream). But Ziggler is killing it right now, maybe the best he's ever been. And he's hilarious on NXT. Along with literally everyone else.
3. Daniel Bryan
- IN KAYFABE: def. By John Morrison on RAW; with his rookie Derrick Bateman, def. Ted DiBiase and Brodus Clay on NXT; developed telepathy in the NXT Rookie Challenge (Steve Blackman!); is, uh... a virgin. Or at least according to the Bellas. Maybe that's just the conclusion they came to when Bryan resisted their whorish charm. "He doesn't want to bang two sisters at once? WELP MUST BE A VIRGIN"
- OUT OF KAYFABE: He's still one of the few people I legit look forward to seeing on RAW. I mean, sure, I like Randy Orton and stuff, but I don't perk up when his music hits. And like Dolph Ziggler (and, I mean it... everyone else) he is hilarious on NXT. I think I look forward more to NXT than RAW or SmackDown every week. Maybe it's because, at one hour long, it's way easier to digest. Or maybe it's because the comedy is natural and off the cuff and actually funny and it pokes fun at itself and isn't just a billion John Cena Triple H gay and poop jokes. Or maybe it's because it's not 45% video packages. Whatever it is, it's working.
4. John Morrison
- IN KAYFABE: def. Daniel Bryan on RAW; had to listen to a man in a cape yell at him from fifty feet away.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Continued his string of good matches - and he didn't have to jump off a school bus or something!
5. The Miz
- IN KAYFABE: Beat up Randy Orton.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had to endure John Cena's best attempt at PG humour (that's resilience right there).
6. Alberto Del Rio
- IN KAYFABE: Teamed with Cody Rhodes in a losing effort against R-Truth and Rey Mysterio on SmackDown; gave us a fucking hilarious comedy match in Conor O'Brian vs. Ricardo Rodriguez; watched his rookie (O'Brian) get eliminated from NXT.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: His backstage segment with Rodriguez and O'Brian was amazing ("are you trying to embarrass me?!"). And he's closing in on being the best promo on any show... but you already knew that.
7. Wade Barrett
- IN KAYFABE: Lost to the Big Show on SmackDown by DQ; let Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater tag along; welcomed Ezekiel Jackson into his new stable, because hey, even Ahmed Johnson joined the Nation that one time; got new crappy music.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had a decent match with Big Show until Ezekiel Jackson appeared on the apron just staring for no reason. I feel like that could've been done way better. Totally underwhelming for me.
8. Kofi Kingston
- IN KAYFABE: Retained his Intercontinental Championship against Jack Swagger.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: The match was good! I think. I kinda forget. I feel bad saying this, but Brandon Stroud might be right again.
9. Jack Swagger
- IN KAYFABE: Lost to Kofi Kingston on SmackDown.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Somehow when from actual World Champion to Intercontinental contender. And now not even #1 Contender, like at least #2 after losing so many times. Why is he filling this workhorse loser role?! GET THE EAGLE BACK JACK
10. Derrick Bateman
- IN KAYFABE: Teamed with Daniel Bryan to beat Ted DiBiase and Brodus Clay on NXT; won the NXT Rookie Challenge via telepathy.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: I find him funny. Naturally, he gets a decent amount of boos, because hey, if your humour doesn't involve tripping over Hornswoggle or making a Justin Bieber reference, you're not funny to the WWE Universe.