NUMBER ONE THIS WEEK
WWE CHAMPION RANDY ORTON
Photo - WWE.com
NOT RANKED THIS WEEK
WWE CHAMPION KYLE BUSCH
Photo - John Harrelson/Getty Images for NASCAR, via Life.com
WRESTLESPECTIVE POWER POLL: 09/22/10
1. Randy Orton (1)
2. Daniel Bryan (9)
3. Kane (2)
4. The Miz (10)
5. John Cena (3)
6. Alberto Del Rio (5)
7. Dolph Ziggler (NR)
8. Wade Barrett (NR)
9. John Morrison (NR)
10. Sheamus (8)
PIZZABODYSLAM POWER POLL VOTES: 09/22/10
1. Daniel Bryan
- IN KAYFABE: Def. The Miz at Night of Champions to become the new United States Champion; def. Edge on RAW via DQ; debuted new theme music (this, as John Morrison referenced).
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had the match of the night at Night of Champions; is one of the only reasons I still watch RAW; he's the Ultimate Dragon, I mean c'mon.
2. Randy Orton
- IN KAYFABE: Won the Six Pack Challenge at Night of Champions to become the WWE Champion once again; continued to beat the hell out of Sheamus on RAW because he can, apparently; smiled.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Still booked stronger than anyone going right now. Seriously, he beat the shit out of everyone (tossing people through tables, winning matches, RKOing countless opponents during and after matches, etc.) and STILL went on to eliminate Chris Jericho and Sheamus to win the Six Pack Challenge. He's like that guy in your class who was so good at video games that you couldn't even beat him when he was JigglyPuff and you were Samus and you'd be like FUCK YOU PAUL YOU CAN'T PLAY ANYMORE.
3. CM Punk
- IN KAYFABE: Def. Christian on Smackdown! with the help of Alberto Del Rio; def. by Big Show at Night of Champions.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Entered new, uncharted levels of awesome with his promo at Night of Champions, taking the wind out of the sails of the Windy City; hit Big Show with a hilo TO THE OUTSIDE; had a pretty great match with Christian on Smackdown!; and, even though this won't count until next week, he brought sanity to NXT by replacing Michael Cole (for a short time) at the commentary booth, and delivering the greatest hour of pro wrestling commentary since Bobby Heenan.
4. The Miz
- IN KAYFABE: Lost his United States Championship to Daniel Bryan at Night of Champions; cried real tears.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Provided some top drawer commentary of his own on RAW; allowed Michael Cole to figuratively blow him; bullied Daniel Bryan with his best bro Alex Riley; still holds the MITB briefcase and is anxiously anticipating what could be the most important cash-in since Edge in 2006.
5. Alberto Del Rio
- IN KAYFABE: Appeared via video package at Night of Champions; toyed with Christian on Smackdown! (his answer... is still no!).
- OUT OF KAYFABE: No one has debuted and felt like as big of a star this fast ever (save for maybe a few names). He could be launched into a World Title feud and no one would blink an eye. All of his promo stuff with Christian has been awesome. He is awesome. HE IS EVERRYYYTHING!
6. Dolph Ziggler
- IN KAYFABE: Def. Kofi Kingston for the 4th (100th? I don't know. A lot) time to retain his Intercontinental Championship at Night of Champions.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had a great match with a great finish against Kofi, and has just been booked as the better man against Kingston.
- IN KAYFABE: Finally defeated his brother, The Undertaker, to retain his World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had a fun-ass (yeah fun-ass) brawl with Taker on Sunday, continuing what they started on the Friday before; didn't talk too much about powers, which is nice.
8. John Cena
- IN KAYFABE: Was eliminated third in the Six Pack Challenge at Night of Champions; def. three Nexus members on RAW before the match devolved into an all out brawl.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Had the crowd out of their seats during the RAW main event; cut a pretty good promo after the fact that made me feel like this HIAC will be important; I think I'm just high off watching this video, the Adventures of SuperCena:
If you're ever down in the dumps on WWE or Cena, watch that, it'll lift your sports entertainment spirits. Or watch the video they have on their Corporate site. That's pure brain washing right there and I love it.
9. Chris Jericho
- IN KAYFABE: Was eliminated in a matter of SECONDS from the Six Pack Challenge at Night of Champions; lost to John Morrison; hit rock bottom (I like that losing to John Morrison is rock bottom).
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Worked the internet (that's the one with email) by playing up his latest contract talks (although I don't know why the announcers/WWE didn't put that story over more, felt confusing); had a great match with Morrison on RAW; he's got a DVD to plug!
10. John Morrison
- IN KAYFABE: Def. Chris Jericho in squeaky clean fashion on RAW; does Parkour.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Didn't do his slo-mo poses; loves zoom-ins directly on his face; dove over the ringpost to the outside like it was a pommel horse.