NUMBER ONE THIS WEEK
THE MIZ, PROBABLY FOR THIS TWITPIC
Photo - @mikethemiz
NOT RANKED THIS WEEK
MATT HARDY, PROBABLY FOR THIS TWITPIC
Photo - @MATTHARDYBRAND
FUTURE ENDEAVORS POWER POLL: 03/05/11
1. The Miz
2. The Rock
3. Triple H
4. John Cena
6. CM Punk
7. Alberto Del Rio
8. Cody Rhodes
9. Randy Orton
10. Jack Swagger
PIZZABODYSLAM POWER POLL VOTES: 03/05/11
1. Chris Hero
2. Claudio Castagnoli
- IN KAYFABE: Retained the most prestigious tag team belts in all of wrestling, the ROH World Tag Team Titles, at ROH's 9th Anniversary show; let the people know that they've gone everywhere and beaten everybody, except for Puerto Rico; an angry Puerto Rican named Homicide took offence.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Of the two tag team matches on the show, I enjoyed the Kings of Wrestling vs. The All Night Express the most. Haas/Benjamin vs. The Briscoes was great, but the crowd was hanging on every moment (and every word - "HEY!!!"), and ANX brought it like they've never brought it before.
3. Cody Rhodes
- IN KAYFABE: Attacked and unmasked Rey Mysterio with the help of his dad (it's nice when fathers and sons do things together); ...everyone was staring at him.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: He is easily my favourite part of SmackDown. I loved everything he did. I already gushed about this in my SmackDown review, so I won't go on and on about it. But I will brush my hair like this everyday from now on.
4. Triple H
- IN KAYFABE: Said if he can't kill the Undertaker, he'll die trying; apparently wants the nickname "The Last Outlaw" too, because THE DESTROYER never really stuck (only with me); kicked an Irishman in the balls; cried.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: I was maybe the one person on the internet who liked Triple H's promo on Monday. It didn't really connect with live crowd, he "buried" the entire roster, and then proceeded to dispose of Sheamus a DX glowstick. But there was some weird emotional thing going on too. I like it when Triple H cries, or at least when he makes those strange guttural noises when he's mad at Randy Orton.
5. Christopher Daniels
6. Eddie Edwards
- IN KAYFABE: These two had an awesome 2/3 Falls match for the TV Title at ROH's 9th Anniversary Show.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: The match included a top rope hurricanrana from Edwards to Daniels that somehow busted the top of Daniels' head open. Don't know if it was a blade. Don't know how it happened. Don't know if it's a work or a shoot. I love Ring of Honor.
7. Roderick Strong
- IN KAYFABE: Retained his ROH World Championship in an impromptu Barrios Street Fight against Homicide.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Remains the guy that you forget is awesome, even though he's the World Champion. He's also a guy that gets picked on way too much by internet fans. I'm always in awe of his actual athletic ability, and how he seemingly never gets tired.
8. Jack Swagger
- IN KAYFABE: Was named Michael Cole's trainer for the Cole/Lawler WrestleMania match; put Jerry Lawler in the ankle lock; made short work of an already injured Kofi Kingston on SmackDown.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: I know this happened this week on SmackDown. But. This.
9. Kenny King
10. Rhett Titus
- IN KAYFABE: Fell short in their quest for the ROH World Tag Team Titles.
- OUT OF KAYFABE: Kenny King landed a never-before-attempted Shooting Star Press in a true OMFG moment. Even though they rapped their promo in the VideoWire, they've been stepping it up quite a bit lately in the ring. Between their match with Cole and O'Reilly at Final Battle and now this match with the Kings of Wrestling, the All Night Express of elevated themselves big time in my eyes.
Well it looks like my efforts to get ROH into the Power Poll didn't pan out so well. Maybe this week we can at least get Colt Cabana in there for winning the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Yes, this is me campaigning for votes.