Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MOMENTS 2009: TAKING A SUICIDE DIVE FROM DAVEY RICHARDS

This is clearly a more personal moment, but I'm pretty positive that once everyone sees this match on DVD (and more specifically the part where Davey dives into the third row (and I assume I go down even though I was barely hit (I was a whole mess of drunk and excited))), this will be a big moment for not just me.

First off, Davey Richards vs. Austin Aries for the ROH World Title in Novi, Michigan is hands-down the best match I've ever been lucky enough to see live. And I've seen Wolves vs. KENTA/Strong, Hero/Storm, two Nakajima matches, Briscoes/Steenerico, Steenerico/Young Bucks... the list goes on (and will probably be mentioned again when I post about my favourite matches of the year). This match tore the goddamn house down.

I'm excited (and nervous) to see me get taken out by Davey, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only idiot to end up with his legs in the air, except for Davey. Could look a tad embarrassing.

But I EMBRACE it. Because that match, and moment, goes down as one of the best things I've ever experienced in my way too many years as a pro wrestling fan.

Since there are no pictures of this event anywhere, here is a sweet video of Davey's top ten moves:

No comments:

Post a Comment