Sunday, December 19, 2010

MOMENTS 2010: THE HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICHAELS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Admit it. You cried too.



I will be a man and say I teared up. I teared up even more when Triple H surprised Shawn at the top of the ramp and they embraced like Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron in Sweet November. Between this video and these pictures, how could there be a dry eye anywhere in the wrestling world?!

Photo - WWE.com

Photo - WWE.com


This promo wasn't even a promo, so I don't know why I'm calling it a promo. But whatever you want to call it, it was goddamned beautiful and I don't care who knows it. It was also the beginning of the realest retirement in wrestling history, because it's still going.

Shawn Michaels ended his career with three of the greatest moments he's ever been a part of - one being this speech, the other being his match with the Undertaker, and the last being his hug with Bret Hart on RAW. No one knows how to close like the Heartbreak Kid, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment